Website Privacy and cookies policy
As a business-to-business ("B2B") organization, we collect name, contact details, and other Personal Data related to our commercial relationships. We collect the following categories of Personal Data:
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Basic Data: Name, title, company, region, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, email address, contact details, age and/or date of birth if requested, and any other personal
data that you submit to us during the course of correspondence with us.
- Job Applicant Data: Data provided by job applicants or others on our Site or offline means in connection with employment opportunities. Additional notice will be provided via separate
privacy statement(s) where applicable.
- Device Data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Site (Usage Data). Note,
however, we do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we can link it to you as an individual or where applicable law provides otherwise.
We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Perform transactions and respond to your inquiries
- Make our Site more intuitive and easy to use
- Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology systems
- Provide relevant marketing
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights
- Consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage on-boarding procedures
We may share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
- Suppliers and service providers: We share Personal Data with suppliers and service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above. We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data only on our behalf.
- Auditors, and advisors: We share Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business reorganization: We share Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of MAG-Pi.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below. MARKETING CHOICES
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Data for directing marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org
across different websites that you visit. This information is used to provide advertising tailored to your interests on websites you visit, also known as interest based advertising, and to analyze the effectiveness of such advertising. What are your options if you do not want cookies on your device?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your
Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Where required by applicable law, you have the right to obtain confirmation that we maintain certain Personal Data relating to you, to verify its content, origin, and accuracy, as well as the right to access, review, port, delete, block or withdraw consent to the processing of certain Personal Data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us as detailed below. In particular, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing, and in certain other situations at any time. Contact us below for more details. Please note that we need to retain certain Personal Data as required or permitted by applicable law. DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against
compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than
one website. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
We transfer Personal Data to various jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law for international data transfers. With respect to transfers originating from the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we implement standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and other appropriate solutions to address cross-border transfers as required by applicable law. Where required by such laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below. OTHER ISSUES What is the legal basis of processing?
Some jurisdictions require an explanation of the legal basis for collecting and processing Personal Data. We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process Personal Data, including:
- 1.as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when we respond to your requests);
- 2.as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Data for recordkeeping to substantiate tax liability);
- 3.consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as for direct marketing or certain cookies);
- 4.necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally, including maintaining the safety and security of the Site).
With respect to legitimate interests, given that we are a B2B company, we typically collect and process
limited Personal Data about customer contacts and other individuals acting in their business capacities,
as part of our overall effort to reduce the privacy impact on individuals. What are the consequences of not providing Personal Data?
interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide certain
Personal Data. If you do not provide certain Personal Data, we may not be able to respond to your requests, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find
valuable. Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
Except with regard to certain recruitment activities, which are detailed in a separate privacy statement,
we do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that
produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you. How long do we retain Personal Data?
We typically retain Personal Data related to marketing activities for as long as you accept marketing
communications from us and then generally for up to 2 years. After 2 years, or upon request, we will
generally securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law. For Personal Data that we
collect and process for other purposes, as described above, we typically retain such Personal Data for
otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, employment, litigation, and other legal rights
This Site contains links and references to other websites administered by unaffiliated third parties. This
website, you will be subject to that website's privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize
yourself with the privacy and security practices of any linked third party websites before providing any
Personal Data on those websites. How does MAG-Pi handle employee and contractor privacy issues?
Personal Data about our employees and contractors are addressed through internal company policies
visit our Site periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices. We will post the updated version
.You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.